Did you know?
How well do you know Melbourne? Get to learn new things about the city and the magnificent film facility located within it. Discover new and amazing facts about the city as well as Melbourne Central City Studio, and you will find yourself falling in love with this amazing location all over again. The facility is no doubt outstanding but what makes it even better is the city within which it is located. Here are some facts you should know:
- Melbourne Central City Studios is located at the hub of Victoria’s arterial road system. With direct access to Port Phillip Bay. Its central location makes it very accessible to everyone who is in the city, which is why it is considered a prime commercial spot.
- Melbourne is the capital city of the state of Victoria.
- Both local and State Governments are renowned for their support and cooperation in production companies use both city and country location.
- Melbourne boasts a significant number of major world-class sporting facilities, including Grand Prix Track, International Tennis and Swimming Arenas, major sporting grounds, racecourses and showgrounds/fairgrounds. It is no wonder that it hosts many of these sporting events annually, too, ensuring a full calendar and something to experience for whoever is visiting. Sporting events that are held here include Australian Open Tennis, Melbourne Cup Horserace, Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix, and Australian Rules Football.
- From Melbourne Central City Studio, you have Easy, direct freeway access to Melbourne’s 24-hour International Airport (15-20-minute drive approx.)
- Melbourne is regarded as the cultural capital of Australia. A city of over three million people made up of over 200 different ethnic communities.
- The city boasts of diverse architectural styles, where city streets can be Paris, London or any location in the world you can imagine.
- Melbourne has more than 500 hectares of internationally acclaimed parks and gardens.
- There are more than 4,500 restaurants in Melbourne, with the cuisines here being as multicultural as you can ever get.
- Melbourne has over 19,000 accommodation rooms, 17,000 of which are centrally located, which means they are easily accessible from the studio.
- Melbourne was voted the world’s most liveable city in 2002 and 2004.
- Melbourne has a temperate Mediterranean-style climate. Our summers are similar to New York, while our winters are considerably warmer, much like San Francisco. Average rainfall 600mm (2.4″) approx. half of Sydney’s.
- A short drive away, the Victorian countryside offers an amazing range of locations, including towns, wineries, deserts, coastline, rain forests, snowfields, mountains and rivers.